Thursday, July 4, 2013

Welcome to The Reel Opinion

Welcome Movie Fans,

I created this blog out of my passion for film. I have always been interested in people's movie opinions...especially the unpopular ones. When I meet someone the first thing I want to know is "what is your favorite movie." I have since learned that a lot of people don't know what their favorite movie is! This seems absurd. You can't watch movies and not have a favorite of some sort. If you had only watched three films in your life, how could you NOT pick which one was better than the other two? I think that is a cop out, and a bad one at that.

Everyone who is into film has opinions and all opinions are great. They can lead to great discussions and many times cause people to defend their side and can lead to a better understanding of your own side and the other persons side. Sharing opinions is NOT great when one side thinks their opinion is "right". No opinion is right or wrong, it is simply an opinion. This blog is called The Reel Opinion. I have joked with people in the past that MY opinion was correct and backed by scientific facts. This is obviously untrue, but I do have strong opinions and usually have statements holstered for an argument. My opinion is just as equal as everyone's own.

This blog will consist of movie reviews and personal opinions. I don't review every movie I see, but that is simply because of time. I DO have something to say about every movie, though. People around me can hear those useless rants free of charge. 

My film tastes go from the movie coming out in the local theater next week all the way back to the silent era. Every film gets a fair shot in my opinion. When I walk into the theater or start a new Blu-ray that movie has the potential to be perfect movie. It is up to that movie to keep the 5 star rating until the end. Movies earn their perfect scores and there will be more posts about how I feel about rating films. 

Anyone who is knows me personally knows that I am an avid Blu-ray collector. More on that format in another post as well. 

Film is the best medium in existence and The Reel Opinion is for those who feel the same way. Now lets get started with those opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment