Thursday, July 4, 2013

Monsters University (2013) Review

I should start this review out with confessing my adoration for Monsters Inc. It was a flawless film and to this day one of Pixar's greatest achievements. So imagine my surprise when I was watching this prequel and found that I was laughing very little. The jokes that were coming at us were very bland and very Stooge-like. There are some that make you laugh out loud and those are mainly jokes that could only exist in the Monster's universe. However, instead of laughs, you get a really good plot that does unravel at the climax and an even better setting. The university is a great place and even the interior of the buildings were very well designed. Pixar has made a place that you would WANT to visit. I have two kids that love these movies, so I know I will be revisiting this on Blu-ray when it gets release. All I can hope for at this point is to find something that I missed in the theater. Maybe that something will ignite a fire, but right now I miss the campus and not the movie that took place on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment